- Prepaid meters are supplied and installed by STss
- Separate utility trust account for each Body Corporate
- Each resident is allocated an individual utility account and electricity tokens are requested from STss against the credit balance in this utility account
The balance in the utility account may be increased in any one of the following manners:
- Internet or electronic transfer (EFT) into Body Corporate utility trust account
- Credit or certain Debit card transactions via the STss Online Portal
- Deposit into Body Corporate utility trust account via EasyPay Vendors i.e Checkers, Pick & Pay, Shoprite, Woolworths.
- Buy a voucher from UniPin or buy a prepaid electricity token direct from Prepaid24 or Powertime
For more information on payment methods please click here
Methods for obtaining tokens:
- Request token via cell phone or email. As soon as payment reflects in the Trust Account, usually 24 to 48 hours after payment is made, electronic tokens can be requested via SMS or email. A token number is returned to the registered requesting cell phone. This token number is entered into the meter and the requested value is immediately available for consumption.
- Obtain STss Prepaid token directly from select banking partners (FNB, ABSA, Standard Bank, Nedbank, etc.).
- Purchase a voucher from UniPin. Using your cellphone Dial:
*120*41589*VoucherPin (The 9 digit pin number on the token)*MeterNumber (your 11 digit prepaid meter number)#
- Purchase a token from Prepaid24 or Powertime. Enter the token number into your meter.
Please note: Trustees determine the prepaid recovery tariffs per kWh, based on the average total cost. The Body Corporate remains responsible for the common property consumption payments, a normal budget item.
Please Note: We don’t take final readings before we refund the credit on the prepaid account. Refunds will be subject to the owner providing STss with valid proof of the payment made in error. The refund will be subject to the respective manager’s approval, given that the owner supplies STss with any additional information or documentation that may be required by an STss staff member in order to conclude the refund. The Body Corporate will refund any ex-owner’s prepaid account with a credit balance once a final reading has been taken. Tokens cannot be refunded even if the token has not been loaded on the meter.